The Construction Division Manager directs all activities of the Construction group in an effort to grow this business segment for overall company success. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, the Construction Division Manager will carry out the following duties outlined below. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
• Understands the Greenhouse/Horticultural Construction and equipment market, including emerging opportunities, competitive landscapes and market pressures, while monitoring and evaluating the activities and products of the competition. Position entails managing all phases of horticultural construction from design to retrofit and includes all machinery.
• Fosters relationships with key opinion leaders, vendors and key accounts in the Construction arena and leverages the knowledge and support for a competitive advantage.
• Manage the company wide flow of quotes from initial request through disposition of the quote with a focus on being realistic, competitive and complete in relation to the customer’s needs.
• Gathers information from Regional Sales Managers, Branch Managers, Sales Representatives and external resources to understand regional market needs and competitive market pressures, portfolio gaps and market price expectations. Leverages this information when working with business managers, Purchasing Manager, Technical Services Manager, CEA Division Leader and Vendor Relations Manager to communicate market needs, research product solutions and recommend product additions to ensure a profitable product assortment.
• Maintains product road map for supplies, equipment, machinery and crop protection for the Construction division, works with the CEA Division Leader to evaluate potential vendors in these categories and works with Business Managers, Purchasing Manager, Regional Sales Manager and Director of Sales to plan, develop and implement programs, sales tools, promotional materials and promotional activities to support Construction product launches and sales team adoption.
• Develops Construction sales goals, performance goals and strategic plans to align division activities with corporate goals and initiatives.
• Communicates division strategic plans with the Director of Sales, Regional Managers, Business Managers and Technical Support Manager and works with the same managers to prioritize and coordinate Construction team response to leads, opportunities and projects to achieve sales goals, maintain market focus, develop planned expansion and maximize profitable sales through engagement of the full sales team.
• Develops Construction marketing budget and works with Marketing Department to develop and execute a marketing plan for Construction that includes trade show presence, print advertising, digital advertising and product placement/ pricing/descriptions for Construction products in catalogs and show books.
• Visits key clients with Regional Sales Managers to solidify relationships and business opportunities
• Coordinates Construction-specific sales team education to build knowledge, confidence, professional growth and success for sales team members.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed expansion
• Represents Company at national and local trade association meetings and conferences to promote product, Construction services and company brand.
• Writes Construction and GGSPro articles, bulletins, and technical documents as needed to support sales efforts.
Education and/or Experience:
Previous experience in horticulture and product management is required. Experience in the Greenhouse Construction market is desirable. Customer management and supervisory experience is also desirable. Must possess the ability to motivate, coach and direct a team with a national reach. Must possess the ability to learn quickly and to work with minimal supervision in a mobile setting. Must possess the skills required to work in a fast-paced environment where a high level of pressure and stress due to constant changes should be expected.
Griffin offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package including 401k/profit sharing retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
Griffin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant