U.S. Agro Logistics – Head Grower
At USAgro Logistics, we strive to make every day better with the quality hemp plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.
Job title: Head Grower
Reports to: Operations Manager and Head Agronomist
USAgro Logistics has an immediate full-time opening for a dependable Head Grower. In this position, the Head Grower is responsible for ensuring that standard operating procedures are executed with crops delivered on time, at or above the planned quantity, and according to internal specifications.
The position requires a detail-oriented approach to ensure that a variety of crops develop per existing best practices.
Among other duties, the Head Grower will determine irrigation needs, irrigate and fertilize, analyze media, scout for insects and disease, and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A basic understanding around fundamental plant requirements, including irrigation requirements, fertilizer requirements, EC and pH management, and pest and disease identification/management. Also, an understanding of how each of these impacts plant development and scheduling.
• Ability to keep area clean and organized, both directly (hands on) and indirectly.
• A basic understanding of IPM principles, including scouting (hands on), placement of traps (hands on), distribution of beneficial insects (hands on) and application of chemicals (hands on) as deemed necessary by the Grower and Grower Manager.
• Ability to navigate and manage (partial responsibility) environmental software and communicate variances, respond to alarms and troubleshoot issues.
• Report concerns related to plant health or employee safety.
• A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Requirements for the position include:
• Undergraduate degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Health, or a closely related field.
• A flexible work schedule to include some weekends
• Willingness to live and work from Caswell County, NC
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled greenhouse, field and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing and shoes.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing benches. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of the greenhouse or row in field.
This position will have one to three direct reports including but not limited to, Assistant Grower and Laborers.