U.S. Agro Logistics – Assistant Grower
At USAgro Logistics, we strive to make every day better with the quality hemp plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.
Job title: Assistant Grower
Reports to: Head Grower
The Assistant Grower performs manual labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing industrial hemp including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, and transplanting under the supervision of the Head Grower. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state-regulated system and timelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping, and loading.
• General duties around the greenhouse and field as they relate to the upkeep of the crops.
• Knowledge of growing techniques, including; Germination, Cloning, and Transplantation.
• Plant pests and other perils, with a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
• Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
• Manage hemp plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
• Ability to execute techniques and standard operating procedures consistently
• Communication Proficiency.
• Time Management.
• Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Able to work efficiently and accurately.
• Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
• Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
• Basic math skills.
• High school Diploma
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled greenhouse, field and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing and shoes.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing benches. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of the greenhouse or row in field.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.