AGreen Farms is a Philadelphia based Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) startup that provides
restaurants and select hospitality establishments with locally grown greens, herbs, and flowers. The company employs the latest technology enabled hydroponic farming techniques to optimize for the best aesthetics, texture and flavorful unique crop varieties. By imitating nature indoors in such close proximity to our clients, the farm allows the company to harvest and deliver to restaurants and other food service establishments minutes after harvest.
AGreen Farms is seeking an Operations Manager to supervise and drive daily operations at our Philadelphia farm. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing production and process operations. We will only consider candidates that have two to five years of operational management experience. Agricultural experience preferred but not necessary.
● Work closely with the company leadership while being self-directed to ensure AGreen Farms is a
leader in hydroponic crop production to ensure customer satisfaction
● Manage all facets of the hydroponic farm production and day-to-day operations
● Manage growing and processing staff including training new hires
● Maintain detailed growth records of crop activities and observations.
● Provide process details that improve output through strategic planning.
● Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to product packaging, materials, labor,
efficiency, transportation, and storage
● Analyzes business needs and staffing patterns to ensure efficient use of resources
● Develops forecasts for expenditures and manages expenses related to the cost of goods and
operating expense category.
● Manage implementation operations efficiencies
Skills and Experience
● A proven team player and leader that enjoys working in a fast paced, high-growth entrepreneurial
● Motivated to accept additional responsibility as the business grows and expands
● Experience recruiting ,training and managing support staff
● Experience in indoor farm management employing hydroponic techniques a plus but not necessary
● Maintain good working relationship with head grower and sales team.
● Maintain an open line of communication with all employees.
● Demonstrates leadership and commitment in the management of all health and safety related to crop productions including communicating safety goals and holding team members accountable.
● Strong interpersonal skills, managing relationships with internal customers and vendors.
● Administer company policies and procedures.
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
● Strong computer and problem solving skills
● Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or a related field is preferred.