DAG, a national design-build firm specializing in Controlled Environment Agriculture Facilities, is seeking an Architecture and Engineering Director to oversee all design and planning activities. This is a key role that requires a dynamic approach to drive excellence and innovation in a rapidly growing sector of the construction industry.
• Extensive expertise in the design of Controlled Environment Agriculture facilities, preferably for Cannabis or produce
• 10+ years of experience in Architecture or Engineering
• Strong knowledge of architectural building systems and QA/QC processes
• Strong knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
• Accredited professional degree in Architecture or Engineering (professional licensure not required)
• Develop, implement and continuously refine SOPs for all regular design and planning activities across all stages of the project cycle
• Prepare conceptual design document packages for each new project
• Collaborate with our business development team to provide design-related support during the sales cycle
• Collaborate with clients and the design-build team to prepare design criteria governing all contractual relationships
• Evaluation and select key suppliers for all systems and equipment including building shell, grow and processing systems, fertigation, lighting, mechanical, controls, packaging and automation, etc.
• Direct and manage contracted professional service providers including architects, engineers and consultants through all phases of the design-build cycle on multiple concurrent projects
• Generate progressive ideas and innovative solutions to maximize operational efficiency in DAG facilities
• Maniacal attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
• Adept at anticipating and solving problems in a timely, effective manner
• Able to establish and maintain cooperative and productive relationships with co-workers, clients and vendors
• Able to perform within a team-oriented organizational structure with minimal supervision
• Excellent time management/prioritization skills
• Well organized and capable of approaching situations in a calm and logical manner
• Possesses a strong desire to learn new information and methods in pursuit of continuous improvement
• Accountable to working within budgeted schedules and meeting deadlines
• Passionate about the indoor agriculture movement
• Applicant must be willing to relocate to South Florida.
• Some travel required for client meetings and site visits
DAG is a division of Dominion Builders, a South Florida general contractor with more than 40 years of experience managing complex construction projects on a national scale. DAG is an industry leader in the development, design, and construction of Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) facilities for the food and Cannabis industries.
DAG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.