Do you consistently demonstrate leadership and initiative in all you do? Do you want to further your technical plant sales expertise with a rapidly growing global horticultural and agricultural focused company? Are you interested in playing a key role assisting the introduction of high-quality plant genetics to the horticulture and live plant production industry? Would you enjoy selling and consulting with top garden retailers and growers in the United States? Are you ready to partner with your customers and clients to be a part of a wonderful evolution of both your career and company which will leave everyone happy they were involved?
The Southeast and Mid Atlantic Sales Manager will determine market size, identify and evaluate SMART objectives per market, propose targets and align with product management and sales director. In doing so you will strengthen relationships with customers, brokers and your team in a consultative manner. The Sales Manager will be responsible for financial, administrative and sales decisions within the territory setting annual targets for the sales forecast. The successful professional will constantly be identifying possible market opportunities for new products or technical opportunities for growth.
Dummen Orange represents a legacy of floricultural excellence more than a century in the making, providing the largest selection of superior flowers and plants on earth. By uniting the world’s top breeders under one distinctive brand, we blend traditional techniques and emerging technologies. Globally accessible and locally embedded, Dummen Orange continues to be at the forefront of the horticultural industry while bringing stability and opportunity to their partners and associates worldwide.
LOCATION: Remote – Virtual Home Office Near a Major Airport in the Southeastern U.S.
REPORTS TO: Retail Manager
· Create and implement plans and sales strategies for the territory to deliver on the company’s budget targets.
· Support Retail Activities for the USA
· Prepare an annual sale, forecast plan and budget
· Educate key customers and broker representatives on Dummen Orange Products
· Coordinate with Product Management regarding the different markets and needs.
· Achieve optimal progress in sales and marketing process in conjunction with other business processes
· Reach quality objectives, assisting and advising partners where needed.
· Participate in key industry events promoting the product line
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Dummen Orange employees, customers (brokers, growers, retailers) – coaching, motivating and inspiring them to succeed.
Supervise Others: No
· Minimum 60% of time comprised of both day and overnight trips.
· Potential for international travel in support of international accounts.
BEST Requirements to be considered for this role:
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the horticulture industry; preferred background with brokers, breeders, growers, floriculture crops, growing and/or trialing experience.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science, agriculture, business or the equivalent in experience.
· Ability to understand strengths and weaknesses of products compared to competitor products in sales situations. Must trouble shoot with customers as needed.
· Comprehensive understanding of the North American professional horticulture market and willingness to learn global markets related to product portfolio.
· Desire for long term career advancement.
· Exceptional communication, organization and analytical skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people and personalities.
· Ability to work independently, but willing and able to have a strong team orientation.
· Strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Office.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to pass driving record background check. Federal regulations from the DOT cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as background check, drug test and physical.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate who wishes to sell professionally and grow their career in the horticultural industry. The role will be a valued contributor to the next round of growth for not just the company but their customers.
Please apply for this position if you have the requisite consultative and technical experience and this career role fits your career objectives. Please forward your resume to Todd Downing: email@example.com
All inquiries are confidentially protected and appreciated.