Campo Caribe is looking for an enthusiastic candidate who shares a love of growing plants. This person should embrace Campo Caribe’s values of sustainable development and innovation while growing more nutritious food for the Caribbean. Our hope is to find a committed individual who can share in the growing of this new, cutting-edge produce company located in Puerto Rico.
Join a team that embraces innovative plant science, leading to better quality products. This key position is responsible for assisting in all growing operations including water chemistry, food safety, integrated pest management, and biologicals. The position will report to the Head Grower and Assistant Grower.
· Working primarily with the Assistant Grower to develop the skills to support greenhouse operations and become an Assistant Grower
· Learn to scout for pests and disease daily
· Receive Pesticide Handler training and make applications of pesticides
· Assist with recordkeeping of Food Safety and pesticide applications
· Daily recording of growing conditions and changes – maintaining monitoring equipment and organizing digital records of climate conditions
· Discuss climate results with the Assistant and Head Growers
· Prepare and apply fertilizers and amendments based on directions from the Head Grower
· Maintain hydroponic systems – changing filters, basic plumbing repairs
· Assisting farm staff with harvest, seeding, transplanting, and cleaning tasks
· Oversee experiments in the greenhouse – learn about experimental design and how to properly collect data
· Ability to design and implement novel experiments with the Head Grower
· B.S. or M.S. in Horticulture, Plant Science, Controlled Environment Science
· Minimum 3 months of work/internship experience in horticulture, preferably in hydroponics or leafy greens and herbs
· Pesticide applicator license preferred
· Ability to work independently in a highly collaborative team environment
· A high level of ownership of agricultural operations
· Drive for innovation and continuous improvement
· Ability to problem solve challenges and use available resources
· Excel proficiency
· Extremely well organized
About Campo Caribe:
Campo Caribe is the first large-scale commercial greenhouse producing leafy greens in Puerto Rico, where 80% of produce is currently imported. The facility is state-of-the-art with sustainability at its core. Campo Caribe is planned to be powered by sustainable energy sources free of the island’s power grid. It will grow nutritious produce to supply the island of Puerto Rico.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To Apply: Please send your resume via email to email@example.com.