Seeking an experienced Farm Manager with applicable expertise in people management and an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in the Grow-Harvest-Sell-Distribution cycle, has foreign language proficiency, and can create/maintain community relationships. He or she is a natural problem solver and has the aptitude to be trained in controlled environment agriculture (CEA), greenhouse farming, and/or indoor vertical farming.
The Farm Manager position encompasses:
• Overall management of an agricultural operation
• Employee management and leadership
• Finance/budget issues
• Sales pursuits
• Coordinate delivery to local customers
• Contract negotiations and manage relationships with produce buyers
• Incorporation of nascent ag-tech innovations
• Work with the engineering team on designing and the next generation greenhouse
• Ability to be the back-up Head Grower and perform day-to-day, onsite management if necessary
• Required is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The ideal candidate for this position would be willing to relocate overseas. International experience and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment are a plus. Offered is a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and full expat package.