Summary: Sells horticultural products and supplies (Greenhouse Structures & Supplies) to wholesale/retail and residential businesses from sales office, store showroom, home office, or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned or required by management.
• Selling Greenhouse Structures and Supplies to operate the Greenhouse (ie. heating & venting systems)
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
• Talks with vendors and/or customers by telephone or in showroom to answer questions.
• Displays or demonstrates product using sample or catalog.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer.
• Prepares reports of business transactions, customers concerns.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Uses discretion when selling to customers ensuring credit worthiness.
• Notifies collectors and owners of customer status. I.e. Good season, out of business or other facts pertinent to collection activities.
• Acts as liaison between customer and collectors to bring past due accounts up-to-date.
• Attends sales meetings.
• Provides coverage to Customer Service Department during absences, peak periods, training sessions etc.
• May be required to make deliveries to customer. Travel outside of local region is required in this position.
• This position requires regular and reliable attendance and adherence to work schedules
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Two years of horticultural sales or greenhouse structure required. BA degree in business or horticulture. We seek the industry’s best and brightest talent to join our Altogether. Better. team. Griffin offers a collaborative work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package including 401k/profit sharing retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more.
Griffin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant
Job Type: Full-time
Horticultural Sales/Greenhouse Structure: 2 years