Seeking an experienced Horticulturist in the leafy greens and lettuce industry to manage the day-to-day operations of the indoor farm. He or she is knowledgeable in plant cultivation from seed to packaging, with the ability to work with advanced agricultural technologies in a CEA facility. The ideal candidate will work with local food and safety officials to remain compliant with regulations, has foreign language proficiency, and works well in a team environment.
The Head Grower position encompasses:
• Experience growing leafy greens and other produce in a hydroponic environment
• Onsite employee supervision of indoor farm labor
• Monitoring and adhering to quality control and safety regulations
• Handle seeding, transplanting, harvesting, and packaging
• Protect plants from pest pressure, against fungus, insects and other plant diseases
• Ensure proper maintenance of all CEA equipment, such as HVAC and hydroponic equipment
• Troubleshoot equipment failure, if necessary
• Monitor all incoming and outgoing equipment and grow materials with vendors
• Ability to perform Farm Manager’s duties, as a back-up when necessary
• Required is a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in horticulture or related field
The ideal candidate for this position would be willing to relocate overseas. International experience and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment are a plus. Offered is a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and full expat package.