The Agronomy Technician performs a variety of hydroponic plant production tasks and experiments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Produce hydroponic plant materials under controlled conditions in the Pilot Production Resource.
Collaborates with other departments to coordinate product development activities.
· Seeds, transplants, and manage plant lifecycle in pre-infiltration and post-infiltration environments.
· Manages seed stock and seed bank.
· Manages, maintains, and reports on equipment, nutrient chemicals, and growth materials inventory.
Develops and maintains nutrient solution by preparing nutrient stocks and sample nutrient solution for proper fertility and pH levels.
Directly monitors and maintains irrigation delivery system, including but not limited to plumbing, pumps, irrigation controllers, valves, and emitters, and repairs as needed.
· Performs tasks related to disease and pest prevention; monitoring, sanitization, and data collection.
· Handle the disposal of pilot plant production waste materials, including BSL-1 waste from genetically modified plant materials.
· Implement in the execution and data collection/reporting of upstream development activities.
· Assist the Production team in manufacturing activities as necessary.
· Other duties as required – be flexible.
· Associates degree or equivalent, and minimum of 2 years relevant greenhouse/plant production experience.
· Must be able to work in warm, humid conditions.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Ability to learn new techniques/skills in proficiency.
· Working knowledge of hydroponics and plant nutrition and growth needs.
· Must be skilled in keeping excellent scientific records, cGMP experience is a plus.
· Ability to work independently;creative problem-solving is a plus.
· Experince in automation, particulary greenhouse automation technologies, are a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to experience prolonged sitting, bending, stooping, and stretching. Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required. A normal range of hearing and vision correctable to 20/20 is required. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds is required.