We are looking for a highly-detailed and organized Production Manager who can think outside of the box and help drive Urban Produce forward to become the leader in sustainable agriculture.
The Production Manager is a leadership position within Urban Produce. Ultimately the product quality, fulfillment and labor management will be this leader’s responsibility.
As a Production Manager you will be the main point of command between growers, staff labor, and operations. You are responsible for ensuring that all communications between these departments are communicated clearly and in a timely manner. You will report to the President of Urban Produce.
Responsibilities & Duties:
o Track all products from the time they are seeded to the time they arrive to our customers; make sure that the quantity shipped matches PO’s and that products meet quality standards.
o Manage all contract labor and shifts, ensuring budget and hours are monitored and maintained accordingly.
o Ensure effectiveness of contract/staff labor from seeding and prep to harvesting and packing.
o Inventory tracking
o Collaborate with internal departments and growers on forecasting and planning.
o Provide timely responses to grower questions and offer solutions to handle problems.
o Manage supplier relationships periodically through regular communications.
o Ensure that suppliers clearly understand expectations and meet agreed-upon volume, logistics scheduling and quality.
o Ability to exercise professional judgement and decision-making.
o Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
* Fluent in Spanish.
* Strong customer focus with professional demeanor.
* Self-motivated and multi-task focused.
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, under pressure while remaining flexible.
* Able to set priorities and meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
* Good attention to detail and accuracy.
* Able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
* Strong computer skills, including Internet, MS Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology, as necessary.
* Good verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to work closely with management and team members to resolve problems and issues.
Other Relevant Information
* This position is based out of Irvine, CA.
* You are an “at will” employee and will be governed based on the state in which you reside.
* The position reports to the President.
* Every new employee will be on a 90 day probationary period of employment.
* Equal Opportunity Employer.