U.S. Agro Logistics – Head Agronomist
At USAgro Logistics, we strive to make every day better with the quality hemp plants we grow. Our Company has successfully grown on the values of respect, hard work, customer focus and integrity. We seek to add employees to our team who possess these values.
Job title: Head Agronomist
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Lead Agronomist leads our internal greenhouse and field teams to execute on the fulfillment of growing industrial hemp including, in addition to being our Farming Partners’ customer liaison and agronomic support.
Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state-regulated system and timelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for implementing Standard Operating Procedures as outlined by senior management.
• Regularly visit and consult on Farming Partner’s crops.
• Studying plants and soil, on site, in order to assess and consistently improve planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques and improve crop yield.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, pest or other changes.
• Assisting with the future plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Keeping detailed records regarding internal fields, customers, crops, and samples.
• Generating reports and presenting findings to senior management and field partners.
• Demonstrating Standard Operating Procedures through educational presentations and workshops.
• Managing two to four direct reports, including, but not limited to Head Grower, Assistant Grower, Laborer.
• Assist, as needed, in irrigating, pruning, moving, harvesting, and processing within the USAL hemp greenhouse and field operations.
• Excellent Communication Proficiency.
• Time Management.
• Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Able to work efficiently and accurately.
• Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
• Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Health, or a closely related field.
• A flexible work schedule
• Willingness to live and work from Caswell County, NC
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled greenhouse, field and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing and shoes.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing benches. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of the greenhouse or row in field.
This position will have direct reports of Head Grower and supervisory responsibility over Assistant Grower and Laborers should Head Grower be not present.