ALEXANDER A. RICCI
126 Hollybrook Road | Brockport, New York 14220 | 585-953-6841 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY May 2020
Bachelor of Arts: Environmental Studies, Minor: Management and Business
Study Abroad: University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand Spring 2019
Environmental Fieldwork & Research Experience
Environmental Capstone, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY Fall 2019-Spring 2020
· Conducted a cost benefit analysis of a hydroponic garden at Skidmore College to help aid sustainable food goals for 2025 targets.
· Properly operated an Ebb and Flow hydroponic system and effectively grew rosemary, sweet basil, parsley, and leafy greens including spinach, and leaf lettuce.
· Operations include accurately formulating hydroponic nutrient solutions, transplant production, planting, and pest management based on the principles of Good Agriculture Practices.
· Adjusted various environmental parameters in greenhouse to meet specific plant requirements to provide optimum growing conditions.
Systems Assistant, Radix Ecological Sustainability Center, Albany, NY Summer 2019
· Constructed and maintained raised garden beds while cultivating and preserving produce.
· Assisted the summer youth and college program; created discussions, community outreach, managing tasks around the center.
· Processed and collected hundreds of pounds of food waste from surrounding food hubs, educated students and the community about food waste lifecycles.
· Assessed water quality of aquaponic systems, managed livestock on a day-to-day basis, educated and gave a tour of Radix to Senator Chuck Schumer.
Abroad Research and Fieldwork, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand Spring 2019
· Collaborated with Foundation North in Auckland to assess anthropogenic influences degrading the Hauraki Gulf.
· Contributed research to the Gulf Innovation Fund Together Year 3 Report by analyzing sustainable projects that improved the health of the Hauraki Gulf within the Maori worldview framework.
· Investigated conformity between animal migration dynamics/geophysical attributes through mappings/satellite tracking datasets.
· Assessed the relationship between a crucial geothermal resource in the Rotorua region and potential human health risks by collecting and mapping geothermal temperatures with transect sampling.
Conservation Education & Community Engagement
Compost Manager, Skidmore College Sustainability Office, Saratoga Springs, NY Fall 2019- Spring 2020
· Educated college campus about reducing food waste and benefits of composting with informational displays and activities.
· Weekly collection of compost bins from apartment complexes, weighing and data recording.
· Operated heavy equipment to turn compost for efficient decomposition at an off-site location.
· Diverted over 9,300 pounds of CO2 emissions resulting from waste at Skidmore in just over 6 months.
Environmental Education, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY Fall 2018
· Created, designed, and taught a hydroponic curriculum and Kratky system to an AP Environmental Science class at Saratoga High School.
· Undertook 30+ hours of service learning and teaching in the community and public schools.
Sustainable Coastlines Volunteer, Auckland, New Zealand Spring 2019
· Educated community about plastic pollution and cleaned up coastlines; collected over 5,000lbs of plastic around the shores of Auckland.
Sustainability Policy & Practice Experience
Business & Natural Environment, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY Fall 2019
· Analyzed the major ecological and socio-economic challenges facing the planet and broadly appraised how certain business practices are a proactive force in an evolution to global sustainability.
· Created a green innovation project that extensively reviewed multiple case studies which development my ability to create real value through assessing managerial actions in the context of profound environmental and social challenges.
Substitute Teacher, Brockport Central School District, Brockport, NY 2016- Current
Soccer Without Borders, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY Fall 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Certifications & Skills
Aquatic WILD educator 2018, Professional Association of Diving Instructors Open Water Certification 2019
Microsoft Office Suite, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Heavy Equipment Operation