Agricultural Science Intern, Bowery Farming | Kearny, NJ June. 2019 – Aug. 2019
· Designed and proposed research project on the effects of iron concentration on crop yields and growth for kale, arugula and basil cultivars.
· Designed and built original system to accommodate full growth cycle.
· Collected data on multiple cultivars and evaluated for commercial use.
· Daily monitoring of pH, EC, temperature and humidity.
· Calculated and mixed varying nutrient solutions using individual fertilizer salts.
· Presented results at internal company-wide meeting
Independent Study | Seton Hall University Jan. 2020 – Present
· Comparison of agro-industrial byproducts and wastewater as nutrient sources for growth optimization (C. vulgaris)
· Inoculate and culture C. vulgaris in media supplemented with corn steep liquor and wastewater,
· Track cell count, biomass productivity and growth rate
· Will present results at Petersheim Academic Conference
Department of Physics | Seton Hall University Mar. 2019 – May. 2019
· Volunteered for Dr. Mary Berger in data collection for basil and red kidney bean plants treated with cold plasma to test for increase in crop yield and essential oil production
· Prune basil plants on regular basis
· Keep detailed record of control and plasma treated plants.
Tree Plotter Identification Project | Seton Hall University Mar. 2019 – May. 2019
· Used GIS based cloud server program Tree Plotter to track and identify trees within the South Orange community for the South Orange Environmental Commission
· Measured tree size identified species and documented health status and condition.