Chicago Botanic Garden
Aquaponic Grower – Current
– Assisted in building a 7,300 sq. ft aquaponic farm including infrastructure and plumbing.
– Created and implemented the aquaponic crop plan.
– Monitored fish health and growth.
– Monitored water pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, temperature and turbidity.
– Maintained plant health, propagated, transplanted, farm logs, utilized Integrated Pest Management techniques and organic IPM applications.
– Harvested and processed to FSMA protocols.
– Weekly Harvest projections.
– Sourced and ordered farm supplies including grow media, fish food and IPM supplies.
– Trained crew members in seeding, harvesting and IPM techniques.
– Recorded and maintained farm logs.
– Created SOP’s and the farm work schedule.
– Teaching classes on aquaponic farming