firstname.lastname@example.org | linkedin.com/in/haris-gill | (+44)7845830148
Recent Masters graduate with experience in a variety of industries; finance, food, events and property. Passionate about physical and mental health, the environment and the development of future sustainable cities. Following a Masters in Urbanisation and voluntary experience at organisations such as Trees for Cities, I have chosen to pursue a career in sustainable agriculture.
MSc Urbanisation and Development (Merit) 09/2018 – 09/2019
The London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
· Notable modules: Planning for Sustainable Cities, Urban Futures, Urban Research Methods
· Thesis: ‘sorry I don’t have any cash’: an exploration into how the transition towards a cashless society is impacting those on the streets of London trying to make a living (Grade: Distinction).
BSc (Hons) Economics (2:1) 09/2013 – 09/2016
The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
· Notable modules: Advanced Development Economics, Advanced Health Economics, Advanced Behavioural and Experimental Economics
· Thesis: A quantitative analysis on the impact of terrorism on tourism revenue (Grade: 2:1)
GCE Advanced Level 09/2010 – 07/2012
The Manchester Grammar School for Boys, United Kingdom
· Mathematics (A*), Economics (A), Philosophy of Religion (A), Chemistry (B)
Graduate Associate, Finance Services 01/2018 – 08/2018
Informed Solutions, Manchester
· Role: Worked in a 4-person internal finance team of a rapidly growing SME IT company. Quickly became equipped with the accounting software, such as Sage50 and developed communication skills in dealing with clients, and employees at all levels, including frequent meetings with partners of the business.
· Responsibilities: autonomy over the purchase ledger, ensured payments of invoices, expenses, salaries and tax returns
Summer Intern, Global Employer Services 07/2015 – 08/2015
· Role: The GES team provide taxation advice for migrating clients. Gained technical knowledge alongside invaluable insight into the operations of a global company.
· Responsibilities: Assisted members of the team at all available opportunities such as the completion of tax returns. Strongly developed inter-personal skills through communicating with clients, members of the team and HRMC.
Spring Intern 04/2014- 04/2014
· Gained insight into Deloitte’s different work streams including Assurance, Consulting and Tax. Provided exposure to professional networking.
Client Relationship Manager 06/2017 – 12//2017
Ultimate Boxxer, Manchester
· Boxing brand hosting uniquely formatted knock-out events, inclusive to all types of boxers and fans.
· Role: organised meetings with television producers, potential sponsors and oversaw the co-ordination of boxers and their management staff.
· Achievements: Grew the number of sponsors from 2 to 6 and more than doubled the revenue generated from sponsors.
Business Development Manager 03/2017 – 06/2017
The Halal Dining Club, London
· An all-in-one app allowing consumers to find, book, review and earn loyalty points at Halal restaurants.
· Role: Pitched directly to restaurant owners and marketing teams.
· Achievements: re-designed the sales approach, shifting away from door-to-door sales to targeting potential clients directly online or via LinkedIn. This resulted in a 3-fold increase in pitches per day.
Lettings Intern 08/2016 – 10/2016
Friends Lettings, Manchester
· Role: Developed firm’s social media presence, and orchestrated and conducted property viewings.
· Achievements: digitalised the on-boarding process for new landlords, organised the use of Augmented Reality technology to allow virtual viewing of properties by potential tenants, facilitated the sale of a 14 bedroom property.
Planting Supervisor 11/2018 – present
Trees for Cities, London
· Trained supervisor of tree planting sessions working with local community members and children.
Disability Mentor 09/2012 – present
· Unique privilege of caring for an autistic person. Interactions include bowling, cinema and arcade trips.
Orphanage Volunteer 06/2013 – 06/2013
Original Volunteers, Marrakech, Morocco
· Teaching and interacting with orphans presented a unique insight into the simplicity of happiness.
Languages and IT Skills
· Languages: English: native. Spanish: intermediate.
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook etc.)
· Basic HTML.
· Proficient in using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and STATA.
· Sports: junior cricket captain at school and local level. Avid golfer (11 handicap) and runner.
· Travelling: visited 34 countries and in 2019 spent 6 weeks in Buenos Aires learning Spanish.
· Entrepreneurship: online e-commerce business sourcing products and sending them directly from manufacturer to consumer, marketed through the use of social-media micro-influencers (2019 – present).