Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: +1(585)775-3066.
To obtain an Internship/Co-op in the field of Mechanical Engineering available for Summer/Fall 2019.
M.S in Mechanical Engineering December 2019
Rochester Institute of Technology, NY (CGPA- 3.72/4)
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering. May 2016
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India.
INTERNSHIP & TRAININGS:
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (J&J Organic Farm) September 2018 – January 2019
Worked as a Mechanical Engineer to design and setup of Greenhouse. (DWC Beds)
Experimentation of effects of utilization of various light, fertilizer and maintenance process on specific vegetables.
Humidity Management and analysis of Hydroponic System.
Assisting in HVAC System design and Energy Analysis.
Graduate Research Assistant, R.I.T, NY May 2018- August 2018
Working on Waste Water Management/Treatment using Micro-Algae
to produce Biofuels and Clean Water effectively.
Material Flow Analysis, Risk Analysis, Life Cycle Assessment, Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvements,
Engineering Analysis, Renewable Energy System, Fundamentals of Sustainable Engineering.
WASTE WATER MANAGEMENT PROJECTS:
Project Title: Waste Water Treatment for local manufacturer. (Currently Working)
Description: Understanding various filtration and separation schemes will be evaluated for optimum use to clean
the waste water generated by local manufacturer in Rochester, NY.
Project Title: Waste Water Treatment using Micro-Algae (Botryococcus) .
Description: Understanding the efficiency of algae of absorbing nutrients like phosphates, nitrates and ammonia
in given period of days to clean the water and produce biofuels effectively.
Project Title: Design of Hydroponic Greenhouse in Rochester, NY.
• Designing and Set-up of Hydroponic Greenhouse for DWC production method for lettuce production.
• Calculation of LED ratio, there wavelengths for higher biomass productions.
• Calculations of daily pH levels, EC and ppm levels for optimum production.
• To calculate the Area of Greenhouse and available Area for raft designs and necessary parts.
• Humidity Management using VPD measurements.
• Maintenance of HVAC systems for optimal cooling and heating.
• Calculations of flow rate for DWC.
• Experimentation and choosing of fertilizers for best results.
Project Title: Learning Solar PV electrical performance and Solar hot water output based on typical metrological year(TMY) to understand complexities involved in optimizing energy efficiency for a combined system using NREL System Advisor Model (SAM) Software. (Currently Working)
Description: Our main Deliverable are to –
• Simulated energy impacts of temperature on PV electrical performance for a typical meteorological year (TMY) based on manufacturer performance curves. Verify SAM output.
• Simulated electrical energy used to move fluid based on pump curves
• Simulated thermal energy output based on temperature, solar irradiance, flowrate, pressures, head loss
• A simulation tool that determines the optimal pump speed settings (VFD) in a combined PV solar hot water system to maximize energy output for one year.
• Optimum wastewater management approach for local manufacturer
Project Title: Design of Solar and Wind Hybrid System.
Description: PV – Wind hybrid system can be used for power generation in industries. A major advantage of
using hybrid system as compared to a standalone system is that the peak operating hours of
the individual systems occur at different times of the day and year.
LEAN SIX SIGMA PROJECTS:
Project Title: R.I.T Dining Services Dish Line Process Improvement using Lean Six Sigma Tools.
Description: Gracie’s is a dining facility at the Grace Watson building at RIT campus. It is the largest diner on
campus which caters to an average of 1200 customer per day. We used the lean six sigma tools to
decrease the waste, increase the efficiency of the dish line.
The final report shows us that we increased the efficiency by decreasing the cycle time by 40 seconds per
cycle, decreased the resources that is number of employees from 5 to 3 and increased the working floor space
area around 5%.
Project Title: Determination of Energy Efficiency Ratio of Domestic Refrigerator.
Case Study: Vertical Farming/Urban Farming (How Netherlands Feed the World)
UPSTART UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATION FOR URBAN FARMING COURSE. May 2018 – December 2018
LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT January 2018 – May 2018
Programming languages: Basics of C, C++, JAVA.
Software Packages: Solid Works, ANSYS, CATIA, AUTO CAD, MATLAB and MS Excel, MS Word,
MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS: -Winner of Bodybuilding and Power Lifting Competitions held in College & University.
Courses taken for MS: Material Flow Analysis, Risk Analysis, Life Cycle Assessment, Lean Six Sigma and Process
Improvements, Engineering Analysis, Renewable Energy System, Fundamentals of Sustainable