I am a sales executive with skills in operations and product management with a success in developing new products, territories, departments and companies in many diversified markets and sales channels. My strong leadership foundation is built on being detail oriented and process driven with a focus on constant improvement providing efficient and effective results. I am trustworthy, even tempered, ethical, committed, and hard working with an ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
· As COO – Managed 6 branch managers – 5 distribution and 1 fabrication centers resulting in over $50M in sales
· Managed and trained multiple sales teams located in the United States and Canada
· Directed and facilitated independent sales representatives, consultants, and distributor representatives
· Managed and directed company departments including purchasing, returns, production, customer service, inventory
· Developed and implemented strategies and programs for new territories departments, divisions, and companies
· Developed new product and markets for startup company including strategic business models
· Chaired and facilitated steering, marketing, strategy, and budget committees
· Helped position companies for acquisition
· Developed company systems and processes and implemented quality and constant improvement programs
· Developed and managed new product departments and teams
· Developed and implemented product development process and tracking programs
· Developed and implemented numerous new product sale strategies and technical promotional materials
· Worked all areas of development from product concept to product launch with distributed and manufactured goods
and Business Analysis
· P&L responsibilities for companies and divisions
· Developed and implemented numerous company, departmental and territory budgets and forecasts
· Developed and facilitated numerous operations and marketing strategic plans
Marketing and Promotional Skills
· Developed and implemented marketing strategies and programs
· Managed advertising programs with creative groups and trade magazines
· Developed strategies and managed company web sites and e-newsletter programs
· Provided training programs and proposals to distributors, customers, and sales reps
· Developed and implemented dealer certification and training programs resulting in customer loyalty
· Trained in STP and PS2 Problem solving techniques and CAREW Sales techniques
· Trained in meeting development, facilitation, presentation and negotiating
· Strong technical background plants, lighting, plastics, construction, manufacturing, computers
· Extensive computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Filemaker, SQL, Adobe Suite, CAD, QuickBooks, MAS, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, web development, Dialux, Big Commerce web commerce, PayPal button development, Comindworks. Zoho, Designed and developed my own CRM and quoting software program.
· Bachelor of Science Degree – California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo, CA
· Continually increased sales for each company, division and sales territory from 20% -800% each year.
· Highest gross profit margin and “Sales Person of the Year” multiple years.
· Novihum Technologies, Dortmund Germany • 2018 – Present • Senior Sales and Business Development
A German start-up manufacturer of lignite-based soil enhancing amendments targeting farmers throughout the world.
Key achievements: Developing customer base, implementation of CRM program, Development of sales materials
· MicroGrow, Temecula, CA • 2018 • Vice President Sales & Marketing – Overseeing all sales operations
A manufacturer of professional greenhouse environmental controls
· PARsource Lighting Solutions • 2009 – 2017 • Managing Director – Overseeing all division sales, marketing and operations
A manufacturer and distributor providing greenhouse lighting selling institutional, research and commercial greenhouse companies. A Division of Hydrofarm.
Key achievements: Restructured entire division. Developed and implemented new image, marketing programs, and systems and processes. Developed new products. Managed sales team. Set strategies and direction for division with company resource teams; production, marketing, purchasing, product development.
· Sustainable Solutions • 2009 • Executive Director of Material Sales
A startup company providing proprietary dairy waste management equipment, and soil amendments to the agricultural and horticultural markets.
Key achievements: Hired on as key executive to develop this startup company for acquisition. Secured partners for processed materials within 3 months.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – Continued
CO-EX Corporation • 2008 – 2009 • Regional Manager
A U.S. Subsidiary of Estrusione Materiali Plastici headquartered in Switzerland. A manufacturer of thermoplastic products for building materials and home improvement outlet, plastic fabricators, metal building manufacturers, and greenhouse manufacturers and distributors.
Key achievements: Developed new Western Region sales market for industrial, DYI and agricultural markets. Sourced stocking facility.
· Palram Americas, Kutztown, PA • 2004 – 2008 • Horticulture Division Manager & Western Region Manager
o Offered Director of Sales position but declined due to relocation limitations.
A U.S. Subsidiary of Palram Ltd., headquartered in Israel. A manufacturer of thermoplastic products for building materials and home improvement outlet, plastic fabricators, metal building manufacturers, advertising, and greenhouse manufacturers and distributors.
Key achievements: Developed new Western Sales region. Developed DYI market sales program for the company.
· SPS International, San Jose, CA • 2001 – 2004 • Vice President – Business Development / Operations
A sales and marketing company providing exclusive representation of plastic building products throughout North America. Acquired by Palram Americas in 2004.
Key achievements: Hired to implement business structure, improvement processes and procedures. Opened new regional sales office. Developed sales and order tracking system. Aided in developing national marketing programs. Developed and implemented company structure to position for acquisition. Helped develop a new consumer product resulting in 15% first year revenues and 25% the following year
· McCalif Grower Supplies, Ceres, CA • 1993 – 2001 • Territory manager and promoted to Vice President – COO
A leading distribution company supplying commercial greenhouse operations in the western and southwestern United States.
Sales key achievements: Tripled smallest company sales territory in 3 years to become most profitable territory. Highest GPM sales. Multiple sales person of the year.
Executive management key achievements: Implemented quality and constant improvement programs and processes. Managed 7 branches and sales team. Implemented budgetary and cost control programs to ensure profitability.
· Hines Nurseries, Vacaville, CA • 1987 – 1992 • Assistant propagator, New Products Manager, Sales Resource Manager
A leading nursery company supplying the United States.
Key achievements: Developed Process control manuals and implemented constant improvement programs with departments. Developed New Products department and implemented steering committee. Developed and facilitated National Sales meetings. Restructured company product allotment program. Implemented first digital sales availability programs.
· California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo, CA
· Bachelor of Science Degree – Horticulture
· Woodland Sunrise Rotary Member – Executive Board member, Web Chair, Membership Chair – Paul Harris Fellow +2
· Volunteer Service: Yolo County Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity,
· Youth Coach – Little League and travel ball baseball manager and coach. Youth Basketball Coach
· City of Woodland Commissions: City Solid Waste Commission, Light Rail Commission
· Alumni Advisor for Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity – U.C. Davis, Chico State University and Cal Poly State University – San Luis Obispo