Cell: (215) 527-8429
13 Andrew Ln, Lansdale PA 19446
Arcadia University – Glenside, PA
(2016-2020) Expected to Graduate May 2020
Bachelors of Arts majoring in Biology and a focus on conservation science
University of Stirling – Stirling, Scotland UK
Study Abroad – Second Semester FYSAE
North Penn High School – Lansdale, PA
– Distinguished honors
– Independent Study (Greenhouse Management)
· Worked with SPES to analyses and infer trends and information from data sets
· Handling and cross-breeding of Drosophila melanogaster, PCR, evaluation of heritable traits three point mapping of genes followed in subject.
· Physiology, taxonomy, Life history, and handling of plant life from unicellular to complex multicellular, terrestrial and aquatic, as well as fungal life.
· Developed Herbarium from native and invasive flora found in eastern PA.
· Examination and survey of East coast marine habitats, intertidal to outer tidal and rocky bottom to soft bottom.
· Studied flora and fauna as well as physical geography.
· Water sampling techniques including sechie disks, Ph meter, plankton troughs, and temperature.
· Native plant identification with a focus on distribution and abundance
· Studied evolution of adaptations, behaviours, niches, competition, and predation
· Conducted population growth studies and forested ecosystem sampling
· Examined Plant community succession and ecosystem nutrient cycling.
Global Field Study (Fiji)
· Red, Green, and Brown algae taxonomy and identification
· Field work snorkeling and algae collection in waters surrounding Fiji
· Documentation of specimens in iNaturalist’s app
· Studied varied freshwater ecosystems
· Observed how location, water permanence, and species composition interact to form different habitats
· Completed lab work with mosquito and salamander collection and identification
· Basic overview of Physical Geology emphasis on Important geological formations
· Rock and mineral identification
– Mastered at the circulation desk tasks. ,
– Managed up to 3 student workers, at a time, worked with over 40 individuals.
– Directed closing the facilities.
– Became familiar with the online cataloging system and maintenance of cannon printers.
– Learned history of dendrochronology
– Beginning knowledgeable of tree sample processing
– Skills with sanding equipment and saws
– Measuring of tree rings and fire scar identification
– Proficient with the measuring program Tellervo
Senior year I ran the green house which had hydroponic, aquaponic, and aeroponic systems.